The Dale Carnegie Young Adult Leadership Program, open to all Howard County H.S. students (rising 9th to 12th grade), teaches life skills in communication, interpersonal skills, public speaking, stress management, and self-confidence. This is a world renowned program offered at River Hill for the first time.
Listen to what the Richard Montgomery High School principal has to say about Y.A.L.P: https://vimeo.com/289566507
INSIDER LOOK Young Adult Leadership Program https://vimeo.com/storiastudio/insiderlook 2:20 sec
YALP is the high school version of the internationally renowned Dale Carnegie Course. Warren Buffett, American business magnate, investor, author and philanthropist, is a graduate of the Dale Carnegie Course…listen to what he has to say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1I0AP28qy0
- Manage stress more effectively – Great leadership is not born out of good times but when faced with adversity and challenges
- Build confidence– particularly in public speaking (we build confidence throughout our lives – no matter how confident we are right now, we can always stretch and grow)
- Refine social skills– even those out are already outgoing can enhance their communication and listening skills
- Sharpen interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strengthen advocacy & communication skills– it’s not just what we say but ‘how’ we say it…
- Prepare for college interviews
- Eligible for 2 college credits
Hear what past grad Todd has to say https://vimeo.com/storiastudio/todd Todd’s Story (DECA Student)
Visit our Testimonial page at: http://dalecarnegieyouth.com/what-people-are-saying/ for other grad testimonials
Summer Young Adult Leadership Program Schedule.
Please note weekend times are different from weekday.
Wed. May 29 Orientation – 6:00 – 8:30pm – parents welcome
Sun. Jun 2 - Session 1 – 9:00am – 12:30pm
Wed. Jun 5 -Session 2 – 5:00 – 8:30pm
Sat. Jun 8- Session 3 – 9:00 am to 12:30pm
Wed. Jun12 - Session 4 – 5:00 – 8:30pm
Sat. Jun 15 -Session 5 – 9:00am to 12:30pm
Wed. Jun 19 Session 6 – 5:00 – 8:30pm
Sat. Jun 22 - Session 7 – 9:00am to 12:30pm
Wed. Jun 26 Session 8 Graduation – 5:00 – 8:30pm
* If students miss more than one session, the RH YALP instructor will work with the students to schedule a make-up.
For more information contact Janet Rohner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-960-3301